The African Ports Evolution Conference was like a buffet table of technology, innovation and creativity in port operations and maritime safety and security.Paul Ansah - Ghana Ports & Harbours Authority
UNLOCKING WEST AFRICA’S ECONOMIC POTENTIAL THROUGH PORT OPTIMISATION AND DEVELOPMENT
95% of all trade conducted in West Africa is through its ports. For this reason, investors have recognised the value of West African ports and have invested millions of dollars into the region's ports.
AFRICAN PORTS EVOLUTION - WEST AFRICA is designed to provide an intensive and focused one-stop-shop for the region’s maritime sector. Expect all the latest trends, technology solutions and project updates at your fingertips. This interactive and innovative forum will enable learning, knowledge-sharing and bench-marking of best practice to maximise port through-put. The conference assists the West African maritime sector to remain adaptable, motivated and responsive as an industry, with the ultimate goal of promoting dialogue between government and the private sector and enhancing collaboration between inter-regional partnership and joint ventures.
THE STRATEGIC CONFERENCE WILL BE HIGHLY INTERACTIVE AND SOLUTIONS-FOCUSED.
Panel discussions & round tables cover the following topics:
- Enhancing port competitiveness while driving port collaboration
- Understanding the benefits of the Port-City Nexus: why ports should create reciprocal synergies with their surrounding communities
- Using IT solutions to drive port efficiency, optimisation and cost control
- Developing a single vision strategy for the West African region by establishing a data matrix for each port
- Promoting international trade through enhanced port safety and security
- Solving local capacity and skills gaps in the sector
- Turning environmental impact challenges into opportunities
Currently port competitiveness in the region and the greater African continent are at a tipping point, with the number of expansion and developmental projects taking place. At African Ports Evolution - West Africa, you will hear up-to-date information about port projects and the most successful ports in the region.
The audience / Who should attend?
This event will have a distinctively West-African audience allowing sponsors to meet ports authorities and decision-makers from across the region all under one roof.
- Ports authorities
- Terminal operators
- Government agencies and ministries
- Freight forwarders
- Shipping lines
- Bulk exporters and users of ports
- Finance and investment organisations
- Research and development agencies
- Industry associations
- Suppliers of products and services to the sector
(this list is not exhaustive)
Networking and matchmaking opportunities
Gain direct access to new business prospects, delivering you a real return on your investment.
African Ports Evolution – West Africa is convenient and cost-effective and will enable you to meet the entire value chain and conclude several months of customer interaction in just 2 days. Participating in this forum as a sponsor is a valuable investment and provides a unique opportunity to generate leads, raise brand awareness and do business with qualified buyers. Companies offering the following products and services should exhibit or sponsor:
- Marine engineering and construction
- Suppliers of large ports and maritime equipment
- Oil and gas
- Environmental consultants
- Marine insurers/attorneys
- Ship building and repair companies
- Port security
- Material handling
Note only 18 sponsors will be invited to participate making the opportunity exclusive!